Allied Dental Scholarships, Dental Assisting Student Scholarships
Offering Institution: The ADA Foundation
Deadline: Second Friday in January (application period opens) through the second Friday in March (application deadline).
Amount: Approx. 10 awards, up to $1,000 each award (up to $10,000 total funding)
Description: ADA Foundation Allied Dental Scholarships are offered annually to help dental assisting, dental hygiene, and dental laboratory technology students defray a part of their professional educational expenses. The goal of this program is to facilitate the education of academically gifted students, which in turn helps to foster the public’s oral health.
The ADA Foundation will accept one application from each school for each accredited program offered by that school.
Eligibility: In order to be considered eligible for these awards a student must:
- be a U.S. citizen (permanent resident status does not qualify);
- be enrolled as a full-time student, defined as maintaining a minimum of 12 credit hours course load;
- demonstrate a minimum financial need of $1,000;
- have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5 based on a 4.0 scale;
- be currently attending or enrolled in a dental assisting program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association;
- must have completed enough of their program to demonstrate a minimum 3.5/4.0 GPA, either from a completed semester or for their work to date as of the application deadline (if grades are to date, applicant must submit an official record and a calculation of their grade to date in 4.0 format); and
- provide two completed reference forms, one from each of two dental laboratory program representatives (e.g., professor or academic advisor) in support of the application submitted as part of the application form.