Want to win a $750 scholarship?
Furzy, Inc. will award two (2) college/university scholarships of $750 – one deadline is on June 20, 2017 and the other on December 20, 2017. Prompt 2 will be announced after the June 20 deadline.
Write a 500-word essay about the need for ethnic and racial diversity in the dental profession.
Email your essay to furzyscholarship [at] gmail [dot] com as inline text–do not send an attachment. We will not open attachments.
Grading is based on responsiveness, clarity, and organization.
We will use charactercountonline.com to verify your word count–we suggest that you do the same.
The scholarship is open to both Native American and African American students.
– Each applicant must I) be enrolled in an accredited community college or university OR II) provide proof that applicant attends high school in California, has been accepted to and will be attending an accredited community college or university within one (1) year from the application deadline.
– Applicants who are enrolled in community college or university when submitting an application must have attended high school in California
– Each applicant must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application and a U.S. citizen or legal resident.
By applying for this scholarship, you agree to share publishing rights for your prompt with Furzy, Inc.
The information you submit will not be sold or rented. We may use it to determine your eligibility for, and contact you regarding, this scholarship. Additionally, we can publish your name and that of your school with the winning prompt.
- We require proof of enrollment;
- We require government identification to verify that you are at least 18 years of age. This is necessary to ensure that the winner is legally able to share publishing rights for his or her submission; and
- Friends and family of Furzy, Inc. are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Submissions deemed to plagiarize another source will not be considered.
DentistsNearMe is a platform for local dentists to reach out to their patients and increase their online visibility and for patients to find great dentists in their area. DentistsNearMe has three main objectives:
- To provide Dental Practitioners with a way to reach their target audience and inform them about their services
- To help people who are looking for Dental Practitioners to easily find the service they need
- To focus on ‘green’ habits and build an eco-friendly business that lightens our footprint on the planet and reduce global warming
Apart from these objectives, DentistsNearMe also aims to empower the underrepresented groups in the community to achieve their full academic and leadership potential.